An overview of distance education..Distance education can be referred as a medium of education where student gets himself enrolled for a specific course and do not attends any lecture regarding the same. His course completion totally depends upon self study as he has to appear in the examinations without any classes being provided for the preparation.
Distance education is also called as correspondence mode or private mode in different situations.
Few years back, there was no regulations for courses conducted in distance mode. Universities were offering B.Tech, M.Tech and even Ph.D. in distance mode. However, I also do not find any logic while providing such courses in distance mode, where universities are not providing facilities for practicals/ assignments.
With a recent notification published by University Grants Commission (UGC), now universities can provide only limited number of courses in distance mode.
UGC also has de-recognized many universities along with this notifications. After this publication, students are much confused about the best universities to opt for their distance education needs.
Here I wish to bring focus on some important factors that you must check before taking admission for correspondence/ distance courses.
- The course you are looking for, must be eligible to be pursued in distance mode.
- This course should not involve practicals, as the facility of practicals is logically not possible in distance mode.
- The university should have all the necessary approvals so as to provide distance learning education.
- Since you will not get the classes in distance mode, the burden of studies will be on your heads only. So, prefer distance education if you have habits of learning the things at your own.
- Distance education is worthy if it is being conducted along with job. So, if you are fresher and you are not planning for a job, we will suggest you to look after regular courses. Because this is a well known fact that there is no knowledge without college. Adding to this sentence, a job or practical exposure is far better than college lectures. Atleast prefer one of the given options.
- A joint approval of UGC-DEB-AICTE is equivalent to separate approvals for the respective university. Without these recognitions, university is not considered to be a valid option for distance education needs.
- Instead of applying through the university campus, it is a better decision to take the admission through one of the study center being allocated by the university. In such a case, you get a benefit of having more discussions regarding your curriculum.
- The study center of university should not be located outside its jurisdiction area / state. After the advise of UGC, any university cannot impart distance education outside the state. This means a university from Karnataka cannot open any study center in Delhi, and vice-versa.
We appreciate your decision of choosing Global Institute of Management and Technology for your further educational needs.
We welcome you for a free career counselling before you enrol yourself in a specific program at AmanSoft GIMT. The best benefit of enrollment in distance education is freedom from attending the classes. This means, you may now complete your education along with your job.
All you need is to appear for examinations. AmanSoft GIMT provides good academic support to all of the students so that they shall succeed not only in the examinations, but in their professional life as well.
Distance courses are also referred as open learning, correspondence education or private mode in various situations.
You may call our administration team at 9540844555 / 8750544555 / 8750644555 / 8882844555 / 9540044555 and schedule for a career counseling so as to suit your requirements..